Jacobs Boiler’s history dates back to the early 1920s when our grandfather, Andrew Jacobs, worked on locomotive boilers for the railroad in Topeka, Kansas. He moved his growing family to Chicago to start his own business and in 1922 Jacobs Welding and Boiler Works began servicing the Chicago area. His sons, George, Clarence, Tom and Jim, took over and expanded the business to become Jacobs Boiler & Mechanical Industries, Inc.

In 1985, Jacobs Boiler moved from the Lakeview neighborhood into our current larger facility on West Diversey Ave. Jacobs’ third and fourth generations are proud of our history of servicing the Chicago area for more than 90 years.